Slide 1

Login

Project Funded By

VOG WAG 2

Message
  • EU e-Privacy Directive

    This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

    View e-Privacy Directive Documents

    You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.

Home


Penarth Learning Community is a key element of the Vale of Glamorgan Council's 21st Century Schools Investment Programme with funding for the scheme provided by Welsh Government and the Vale of Glamorgan Council under Welsh Government's 21st Century Schools programme. Under this programme 70% of the funding is provided via Welsh Government and the remaining 30% provided by Vale of Glamorgan Council.

The project marks another step in the ongoing transformation of educational delivery within the Vale and comprises of the provision of two new schools, a replacement of the current St Cyres School and the provision of a new special education needs (SEN) facility, Ysgol y Deri replacing Ashgrove School, Ysgol Erw'r Delyn and Ysgol Maes Dyfan.

The site is located on the western edge of Penarth, and the new schools are currently under construction on the old St Cyres playing fields. The two schools will be accommodated within one main building with St Cyres having a gross internal area of 11,851sqm and Ysgol y Deri having a gross internal area of 7,942sqm.

Within the schools there is provision for the delivery of modern teaching practices, sport, arts along with specialist areas including sensory pool, sensory rooms and other relevant therapies.

There is provision within the scheme for a respite facility, located independently from the main building. The current proposals are for a 19 bed facility constructed over two floors with a gross internal area of 1,475sqm.

Playing fields will be provided, including the provision of a third generation all weather pitch and multi use games areas. There is also significant landscaping and the proposals include the creation of a new entrance off Sully Road.

Project Countdown

Opening - 6th October 2014
Days
1
3
Hours
0
9
Minutes
4
2
Seconds
0
0

Latest Content

Visitor Traffic

Today9
Yesterday151
This week160
This month3512
Total32056

 

school logo st cyres school logo ashgrove school logo ysgol maes dyfan school logo ysgol
photo

You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.